Pool Filter Installation
The pool filter is an element of the swimming pool whose function is to keep the water clear and clean by removing dirt from the water.
Types of Pool Filters
There are a variety of pool filters in the market, and each has unique features. Different pool features exist to meet diverse client needs. They also vary in price based on their size and shapes.
• Diatomaceous Earth Pool Filter Cost
This particular filter uses a special powder to trap and dissolve dirt. It causes the debris to stick to the filter. Its ability to trap microscopic debris makes it unique and expensive to buy and maintain. It is a colossal investment suitable for commercial use that requires clean water throughout. These filters come in diverse sizes and features.
• Sand Filter Cost
The filter can trap particles as tiny as 20microns. It keeps the sand in the filter housing that allows hoses to move in and out. The special silica in this filter enables it to trap particles of dirt.
• Pocket Filter Cost
Also known as filter bags, this kind of filter does not require an expert for installation. The materials that make them vary, and they come in different sizes.
This filter is used alongside other filters, and its primary function is to improve the filtration ability.
• Cartridge Filter Cost
This filter traps particles below 15 microns. One of its most significant advantages is that it is environmentally friendly. Though tiresome and time-consuming, this filter can be pulled apart for cleaning.
• Glass Filter Cost
These are the newest filter on the market. The glass filters can filter 9micron particles, and they are smooth, enabling them to attract smaller and finer particles.
What to Consider
There are three things that you should consider when installing a pool filter.
• The surface on which you place the filter should be level and square. A level ground allows the pool filter to operate efficiently.
• Proximity to the pool. The installation of filters should happen close to the pool.
• It should also have enough drainage and enough space to allow access for service and maintenance.
How to Install Pool Filters
Every pool filter has a manual or a guide that provides the necessary steps to follow for a successful installation. However, the final stage of pool filter installation is the same regardless of the pool or filter type.
• Turn all the power supply machines that lead to your pool filter off for safety against shock.
• Establish external valves of your pool filter and close them.
• Remove the drain cap, expel all the water, assemble your filter, and place it in the right position. Seal the threaded pipework using tape. Test if the filters fit correctly.
• Clean the filter parts using the PVC primer, apply glue to seal the fittings, and run the water to ensure no leaks. In case of a leak, you will need to fix it.
The price of filters depends on their type and the type of pool. However, the cost of installation costs ranges from $200-$2900. The price is based on your needs.
When choosing a pool filter for installation, always purchase from known brands. Established brands have been in the market for a long time. Most of them invest in quality, and they are certified and trusted.
Need Help Installing?
If the trouble of installing a pool filter ever looms over you or if you need one replaced feel free to call us or fill out our quote form for a free no cost to you quote for our Pool Filter Installation services. (505)596-4655